Wednesday, January 25, 2012

[Manado] Novotel Resort, Manado

Happy Chinese New Year! I've just got back from our CNY trip to Manado. My mom was born in Manado, and most of her family still lived there, so we usually go to Manado once a year, either for CNY, Christmas, or any other occasion. 

So first, I'd like to share about our hotel. We usually stay at my grandma's house, but it seems this year the house is full with our relatives, so we decided to stay in Novotel Resort, Manado. It's a 4 Star Resort located in Kayuwatu. The resort is far from the city center, but not too far from the house, so its pretty convenience to lived there.

Besides, this resort, in my opinion, is the best contemporary Architecture they had in Manado. The buildings in Manado usually is just an extruded square with some detail, they rarely play with the shape, but this resort has a tent shape in the centre of the building for their lobby, make it more interesting than the others.




The lobby was spacious and colorful, but still elegant. They had a borderless pool right after the lobby, with a comprehensive golf course view. And it's actually the best pool I've swum in Manado. The length, wide, and depth were just perfect for me. I swam almost everyday during our stay.

\


I didn't take any picture of our room. The room was standard, but definitely not the best in Manado. I've never stayed in a five star hotel in Manado, but for the four star class, Swissbel Hotel in Maleosan had better room. 

So that was my review for Novotel Resort, Manado. So far Novotel and Swissbel are my favourite in town. And btw, the food review is coming soon! :)

  • Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Center

  • A.A Maramis Kayuwatu
  • Kairagi II
  • North Sulawesi
  • 95254 MANADO
  • INDONESIA
  • Tel (+62)431/818889

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...