Friday, January 20, 2012

Asia Restaurant, Ritz Carlton

Last Saturday, me and my friends were holding our birthday dinner at Asia Restaurant, Ritz Carlton Hotel, Mega Kuningan. At first we planned to go to Satoo, Shangrilla, but unfortunately their buy 1 get 1 promo ended last month, so the choice was between Syailendra at JW Marriott or Asia at Ritz Carlton. I have been to Syailendra before, and so do several of my friends, but nobody ever tasted Asia, so we decided to try something new :)

When we got there, my first impression for the restaurant was big and spacious. I remembered when i went to Syailendra months ago, it was small and can't accommodate lots of people, that it put lots of table outside the restaurant. It really ruins the lobby interior, in my opinion. But Asia was sooo big that it still got some unreserved table inside. And they also got an upper area for party!

Like the other hotel's restaurant, Asia had a wide variety of foods and beverages. I started with roasted beef and chicken with mashed potatoes. I like the mashed potatoes soooo much, it had a soft texture and creamy taste, delicious! 



After that i ate western food (mushroom chicken, black pepper beef, salmon, grilled chicken, and potato wedges), chinese food (pecking duck, chicken wing, and dim sum), hainamese chicken rice (i forgot to take pictures but it was yummy!), and pasta (carbonara rigatoni). My favourite were the siew mai in dimsum selection, the hainamese rice (yes, the rice, not the chicken), and the carbonara rigatoni.




After eating all the main course, of course it feels incomplete without desserts. I'm not a big fan of desserts though, i prefer savoury to sweets. But i took a plate of desserts, consists the fondue, blueberry cheesecake, lemon meringue, and i-dont-know-what-it-is, the one in the glass. The blueberry cheesecake and lemon meringue ended my dinner satisfyingly. 


So, the dinner was great, and the price was okay (since we used bca's buy one get one promo, lol), and the friends were extraordinary! Here's our pictures that night :)





Asia Restaurant
The Ritz Carlton, Lobby Level
Jl. Lingkar Mega Kuningan Kav. E1.1.No 1
Mega Kuningan, Jakarta Selatan 12950
Tel. (62-21) 2551 8888

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...