Thursday, March 07, 2013

Marugame Udon

Watch out ramen, you've got a new rival. And yes, it's udon!

Marugame Udon has just opened their first outlet in Mall Taman Anggrek, claiming as the first authentic Japanese udon restaurant. Yesterday me and David passed the restaurant while we're heading to XXI to watch Warm Bodies, and I got curious seeing the long queue in front of the place. Since we still got 30 minutes before the movie, we decided to join the queue.


The order system reminds me of Hoka-Hoka Bento, only the difference is your meal is cooked right in front of your eyes, so that you know that it is fresh. Their specialty is udon, but they also have rice and tempura selections. All the food displayed in the counter looks delicious, so be careful, you might want to try it all.

Since our time is short, we decided to share a bowl of  Tori Baitang Udon (IDR 45.000), a piece of Ebi Tempura (IDR 14.000), and a piece of Kakiage (IDR 10.000). Tori Baitang Udon is one of Marugame's specialty. The udon is served with homemade chicken meatballs and chicken broth soup. It was extraordinary, the chicken broth was rich and the meatballs were soft and delicious. I seriously cannot put down my spoon until the bowl is empty. 


Their Ebi Tempura and Kakiage were also nice, but that's just it. Nice. I don't think I'll come back for the tempura, but surely I'll be back for the udon soon. 


Marugame Udon
Mall Taman Anggrek
3rd Floor, no 004-005
(Across Skyring)
Jl. S Parman Kav 21
Jakarta

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, it looks so good!!

    Thanks for the review i will try it as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aiko, thanks for dropping by to my blog. Please do, as for me this udon is worth trying. And let me know if you feel the same :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...