Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Downtown Bistro

I've heard about this place since the opening months ago, but never had the time to try it. So two weeks ago, I was so excited when a friend of mine told me that he's going to throw his birthday dinner there. 

It was saturday night, so we did a reservation before we came, presuming that the place will be crowded, but we were wrong. The place was kinda empty for saturday night. They've got indoor and outdoor area, and only a few table were occupied in both sides that night. 

The interior was set to look like a library, there are bookshelves in one side of the wall, and they've got reading table like in the library. We got the table near the bookshelves. Actually, the bookshelves really reminds me of the graduation photo background :p



For the appetizer, we ordered the Boston Red Sox (IDR 49.000) and a bowl of Seafood Chowder (IDR. 39.000). The Boston Red Sox was a plate of calamari served with BBQ sauce. The sauce was good, but the calamari was too dry. As for the Seafood Chowder, I really like the creamy texture. :9 


For my main course, I ordered Teriyaki Glazed Short Rib (IDR. 85.000). I really love their overall presentation, but the rib looked really burned. I don't know whether they grilled it too long, or this is how they usually presented their ribs: scorched. But unexpectedly, it tasted delicious, the most delicious dish of the night, if we override the burned part. I'll definitely order it again next time, but I'll ask them not too grill the ribs too long.



These were my friend's main course, Glazed Salmon (IDR. 89.000) and Purple Pig (IDR. 78.000). I tasted a litlle bit of the salmon, and it was also good, tender and juicy. Didn't tasted the purple pig since I can't handle the pork lard, but it also looked tempting.


As for the end of the night, we ordered Molten Chocolate Souffle (IDR. 46.000) as the dessert, and as my friend's birthday cake. It took 25 minutes for the cake to came out, and it tasted okay.

By the way, Downtown Bistro serves different menus for lunch and dinner. Since I've tried the dinner menu and it's not dissapointing, maybe I'll go next time to taste the lunch menu ;)


Downtown Bistro 

The Landmark Building GF
Jl. Jend Sudirman No.1
Jakarta
Ph. +6221 52960064
Opening hours: 7am - 9.30pm



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...