Monday, August 20, 2012

[Bandung] La Viva Cafe

Happy Eid Mubarak! I just got home from two days Bandung trip yesterday with my ex-highschool friends. It was the beginning of Eid Mubarak holiday, but the street was not too crowded in Bandung, thanks God.

We arrived at Bandung at about 5 pm. At first we decided to go to hummingbird eatery at Progo street, but the place was full because of the iftar time. It also happens when we ask the cafe next to hummingbird, Rocca. So we decided to eat serabi at Setiabudi Street then go to Maja House.

The serabi place, la viva cafe, was also crowded, but luckily they still got a table for the eight of us at the back. By the way, serabi/surabi is a traditional food from bandung. It looks like pancake, made of flour with coconut milk. It comes in many different sweet and savoury toppings.

Banana Chococheese and Milk Serabi (7k)
As for me, I like sweet serabi, so my toppings are banana, chocolate, cheese, and milk. I've eaten serabi several times before, but in my opinion, this serabi is the best I've ever tasted. The sweetness was perfect and the texture was soft. Most of serabi was too sweet in my tastebud that I can't eat the whole portion.

Most of my friends also ordered the sweet serabi, but two of them ordered the savoury serabi. 

Chicken Mayo and Cheese Serabi (10k)

Sausage Mayo Serabi (10k)

I didn't taste it, but they said it was also delicious. I think I'll come back there for my next Bandung trip ;)

La Viva Cafe
Jl. Setiabudhi no 173
022-2013328

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...