Monday, July 09, 2012

Pad@28

Hello! It's been almost two months without blogging, again, blame my final project. But now it's all done! I'm a bachelor in architecture degree now. yay! I've got lots of food to review, but let's start with the one I ate yesterday, Pad@28.

I went there with my high school friends yesterday. When I first heard the name from a friend of mine, I thought we'll be eating Thai food, but I was totally wrong. They served western, italian, anything but Thai.






The restaurant takes place in a big house near SCBD Sudirman area, and as well as it's facade, the interior was also designed with a house concept, a living room to be more specific.  I love the comfy sofa, the big window with curtains, wood accent on the ceilings, lots of frames which were beautifully appointed on the wall, all of it feels so comfortable. There's only one thing I don't like from the restaurant, the smoking area, which is located in the first floor. That means every non smokers who want to eat there have to pass through the smoking area first before reaching their seat on the second floor. A bit unhealthy, isn't it?

Anyway, there were eight of us last night. We ordered eight main courses for each of us, ad also one appetizer and two desserts for sharing. I don't keep the bill, but the price for our main courses was ranging from IDR 60.000-120.000. I didn't taste all the food, so I will just reviewing what I ate last night.

Nachos
This was our appetizer last night. We actually ordered one more appetizer, but it didn't came out until the end of our meal, so we cancelled it. Anyway, the nachos was delicious. Everyone couldn't stop eating it until the last bite. Yum!

Wagyu Spaghetti Bolognese
This was my main course, its IDR 75.000. I was expecting something special because of the "wagyu" on the name, but it turns out that it tasted just like ordinary spaghetti bolognese. Good, but not special.

Lasagna

Seafood Paella

Pesto Fettuccine

Spaghetti Aglio Olio

Duck Confit

Baby Back Ribs

Tiramisu
This was the first dessert of the night. Presentation was cute and appetizing, but I don't like how it tasted. The coffee taste was too strong that it got so bitter. But my friend who is a coffee addict said it tasted good. 

Chocolate Molten Cake
I don't know if this is because it came after that bitter tiramisu, or this cake really did tasted so delicious. The chocolate cake had the perfect sweetness, and also the combination of warm chocolate lava and the cold ice cream was seducing my tongue to eat more and more. This was a perfect dessert to end our meal last night.

Overall, I think Pad@28 has been succeeded in creating homey and comfortable interior that makes me wanted to came again someday, but the food selection on the menu was too ordinary and less in number. I hope they will added some more specialty on their menu soon :)

By the way, here's our picture at Pad@28 :)


Pad @28
Jl. Tulodong Atas no.28 
Kuningan Timur
Setiabudi, Jakarta Selatan
(021) 5274088
http://pad28.com/

1 comment:

  1. Very quickly this website will be famous amid all blog viewers, due to it's fastidious posts

    Stop by my blog http://bryant8dock.vip-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...