Saturday, May 25, 2013

[Bangkok] Dragon Seafood

After trying the famous Somboon Seafood, the next day we did another seafood hunting for dinner. This time we tried Dragon Seafood, recommended by a friend of my mom who is also a shop owner in Mangga Dua. She went to Bangkok a lot and gave us a lot of recommendations, but Dragon Seafood is the nearest diner from where we stay. It is located in Ratchadamri road, across the Central World Plaza, which is only about fifteen minutes walk from our hotel in Pratunam.


The venue was not too big, the first floor was already full when we arrived, so we got seated at the second floor. The first floor was decorated in the warm red and black ornaments, which look like the old chinese house, while the second floor was much more brighter and simpler.

Not going to babbling too much, let's just get straight to the food.



Tom Yam Khung (M) (THB 380)
Well I was getting bored with Tom Yam, but not my parents. And luckily they decided to order this, because it was the best so far. Even though the prawns were not too big, but it was very fresh. And the soup was the richest amongst all we've tasted before.



Stir-fried Crab with Curry Sauce (THB 160 / 100gr)
I'm not being hyperbolic by saying that this was the best crab dish I've ever eaten in my life. Rich flavour, huge and fresh crab, perfection.



Stir-fried Prawn with Shanghai Sauce (THB 180 / 100gr)
Another great dish. The sauce was sweet and salty and also a little spicy. I just can't get enough of this.



Steamed Grouper with Lemon and Chilli Sauce (THB 150 / 100gr)
Steamed fish has never been my favourite. But even though this one is my least favourite among the other dishes, I have to say that it's quite good. 


In the end we spent more than THB 4000 (about IDR 1.300.000) for all the dishes above plus rice and drinks (we only drank water and tea). It was one of the most expensive dinner we've ever had, but we had no regret at all. The seafood they served were very fresh, and it's cook with perfection. I'll definitely going back here if I ever go to Bangkok again someday.



Dragon Seafood
Ratchadamri Road (across Central World Plaza)
Pathum Wan, Central Bangkok (CBD) 
Bangkok 10330

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...